Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Dried Tomato & Basil Chicken Wraps

This post has been a long time coming! Even though Justin and I have been cooking together since his return and I have (for the most part) still been photographing our process and results, I've just been downright lazy in posting our food to my blog!

Like a truly good wife, I fed my husband leftovers on his first evening home after his being gone for a month. He didn't complain however because these wraps still taste amazing even after the filling has been refrigerated for a day or two.

We appear to have reached the wrap section of our cookbook because we've made three different wraps this month. Summer necessitates wraps, in my opinion, and I'm happy to relate that all three wrap recipes, including the Asian Chicken Wraps, this recipe, and the soon-to-blog Mu Shu-Style Pork Wraps, have all been satisfyingly nommy!

Dried Tomato & Basil Chicken Wraps
(From Better Homes & Garden Biggest Book of 30 Minute Meals)
Ingredients
about 3/4 cup dried tomatoes
(Not oil-packed. I found mine in my supermarket's international section.)
3 cups (about 1 lb.) shredded roasted or grilled chicken
(Again, we always keep frozen chicken breasts stocked in our freezer, so I just roasted a pound in the oven then pulled it apart with a fork.)
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
(I used both! Why not?)
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/3 cup bottled creamy Italian or ranch salad dressing
(Again, I used both and didn't regret it!)
6 10-inch dried tomato, spinach, and/or plain flour tortillas, warmed
(Microwave tortillas, 2 at a time, for 20 seconds between paper towels to warm them.)
1 cup large fresh basil leaves

Instructions
To toast your pecans, spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread out the nuts on it. Bake them on 350° for about 5 minutes or until they're nice and aromatic.

1. Soak dried tomatoes in enough hot water to cover for 10 minutes. Drain and chop tomatoes.

2. In a large bowl combine chopped dried tomatoes, chicken, cheese, pecans, and salad dressing.

3. Line each tortilla with some of the basil leaves. Divide chicken mixture among the tortillas. Fold in sides and roll up; cut each diagonally to serve.


3 comments:

  1. These sound and look delicious!

    Jay Stribling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look incredible! I can't wait to try out this recipe on my husband! He won't know what hit him!

    ReplyDelete