Monday, September 10, 2012

Ham "Sushi"

My friend, Bethany, passed along this lil' recipe to me, and I was immediately intrigued! Hubby has been itching to try making sushi, but I'm still hesitant, unsure of how I feel about preparing raw fish. However, this sushi look-alike is simple with only three ingredients, and I don't have to worry about scary bacteria or cooking sticky rice!

Ham "Sushi"

Ingredients
Sliced ham
Whole dill pickles
Cream cheese

Instructions
1. Spread warmed cream cheese onto one side of a ham slice.

2. Place pickle in middle of ham slice, on top of cream cheese.

3. Roll one side of ham around pickle and follow with the other side.

4. Turn the roll over to where the ends of the ham slice are facing down so it won't unroll while you're slicing it. With a serrated knife, slice the roll into about 1" long pieces and repeat for as many servings as desired!
As the rolls include ham and dill pickles, they're pretty salty, so I'd guess the serving size is about one and a half pickle's-worth of rolls. Or one pickle's-worth. Or just enough to not make yourself sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment