Sunday, September 9, 2012

Spicy Turkey Spaghetti

So I know I vowed to never use meat in spaghetti again, but I couldn't resist trying this turkey spaghetti recipe. Turkey sausage is fun, but the recipe's greatest attraction to me is the squash. I love randomly including veggies in pasta! Why not?

Honestly I don't have much to say about this recipe. It's pretty simple but easy to throw together and pretty tasty too!

Spicy Turkey Spaghetti
From Better Homes & Gardens Biggest Book of 30 Minute Meals
4 servings

Ingredients
8 ounces uncooked turkey Italian sausage (remove casings, if present)
1 cup cut-up yellow squash
1 small red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 14-ounce jar red pasta sauce
8-9 ounces dry pasta
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)

Instructions
1. In a large skillet cook sausage, squash, sweet pepper, and onion over medium heat until sausage is brown.

2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.

3. Drain off fat from sausage and veggies. Stir in pasta sauce; heat through.

4. Serve sausage mixture over pasta. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment